|wheat-free Apple Pie
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||_Susan_ [ Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:12 am ]|
|Post subject:||wheat-free Apple Pie|
I haven't tried this recipe but saw it in an article. If anyone tries it, maybe they can tell us how it was?
http://www.newstimeslive.com/news/story ... rce=tabbox
1. Sift dry ingredients together
2. Sour milk according to directions and set aside
3. Set aside water
4. Add margarine and lard
5. Work in, with one hand, keeping one hand clean to add other ingredients.
6. Divide dough into one 12-inch crust for the bottom and a 9-inch crust for the top. (You may have some dough left over).
To make the filling
1. All measures in this recipe are level. Don't make heaping spoonfuls.
2. Suggested substitutions: 4 cups Granny Smith apples, 1 can Bartlett pears in light syrup. Eliminate the light brown sugar.
3. If you are cooking for a diabetic: You can use two cups of fresh Bartlett pears, no syrup. Coat the pears with 2 Tbs. extra lemon juice and substitute Splenda for the sugar.
4. Those of you like me, with a 10-inch deep pie pan, will want to make a 12-inch crust.
|Author:||mharasym [ Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:35 am ]|
Well, unfortunately, they don't actually give you the recipe at that site . . . .just suggestions for substituting masa flour for wheat and using sour milk in the dough . . .I've tried several gluten free pie recipies and the best one is when I go to Lorenzo's (a gluten free store in Winnipeg) and buy their prepared shells and till them myself . . . working with all of the weird gluten free flours is very challenging!
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 4 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group