|Banana Oatmeal Muffins
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||KarenOASG [ Wed May 24, 2006 10:05 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Banana Oatmeal Muffins|
I've just made a batch of these tonight and thought I'd post the recipe. This is another one of our favourites, and they're actually even better without the milk and eggs.
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Free of eggs, dairy, soy, peanuts, nuts, fish, shellfish
1.5 cups whole wheat flour (or white if you prefer)
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp flaxmeal mixed with 1/2 cup water (or 2 eggs or other egg replacer)
1/4 rice milk (or substitute, such cow's milk or soy milk)
4 mashed bananas
1. In large bowl, measure dry ingredients. Stir to mix.
2. In Braun hand blender container, mix flaxmeal with water until mixture is frothy. (Or in smaller bowl, beat eggs until frothy.)
3. Mix oil and rice milk in with flaxmeal mixture (or eggs) and blend with hand blender.
4. Add liquid mixture and bananas to dry mixture.
5. Stir just to moisten. Batter will be a bit lumpy.
6. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full (makes 14 muffins for me).
7. Bake in 400 F over for about 14 minutes.
Note: I use Bob’s Organic Red Mill Flaxmeal (picture at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ED7MFE/104-8926861-2346365?v=glance&n=3760901) and store it in the freezer to keep it fresh.
These muffins go quickly at my house. Last time they disappeared in about 2 days, which is rare in this house of picky eaters...!
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 4 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group