You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:40 pm 

We just returned from a spectacular week at Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii (on O'ahu). The chefs there were just as amazing as the ones we've had at Disney parks and on Disney cruises. The resort itself has only two small restaurants, so the chefs have fewer ingredients to work with than elsewhere, but they were able to make interesting meals for me each day, even a beautiful 'cake' made from fruit because the regular anniversary cake wasn't safe. They have vegetarian and allergy menus too, on request, though they always brought out a chef to review every ingredient with me before taking my order.

Oh, and I fell in love with the shave ice too. The chef I spoke with before our trip told me which brand of shave ice products they use so I could research it ahead of time - and it was safe for me. That particular chef also told me that quick service locations and luau couldn't accommodate my allergy set and to stick with the two restaurants and shave ice station, which we did.

The resort itself has many rooms with kitchenettes and full kitchens. We had a kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, sink, and rice cooker that we used to make simple and quick meals on the go. We also brought many snacks from home, though we realised afterwards that we could have bought most, if not everything, at the nearby grocery stores.

If anyone has any questions or would like a full report of the trip let me know!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:37 am 

Glad to hear that they were so accommodating. Sounds like you had an awesome time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:09 pm 

It was one of our best-ever vacations!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 pm 

This is great to know, I would love to take a family trip there!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:26 pm 

SO happy for your experience!!!!