You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:35 pm 

Let me preface this by saying that we had a wonderful experience at Disneyland, and feel they take allergies very seriously. We ate out regularly, and found snacks/restaurants that worked for us. But I just saw an ad for a new Gourmet treat, just launched this week. It's a layered chocolate bark containing peanut butter within, and then dipped in crushed peanuts. Something to watch for with PA kids, in terms of cross contamination etc...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... 0105160000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:38 am 

Looking at the picture, it's no wonder we have an epidemic of obesity and type 2 diabetes!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, that sounds pretty decadent!

I don't think that I could eat something that rich and wander around an amusement park in the sun. :(

Me: Oral Allergy Syndrome, Allergic to Birch trees

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:02 am 

They have a lot of nutty and peanutty treats in the parks. Their bakery is an allergen nightmare (PN, TN, dairy, egg). No different than anywhere else, I think.

It's a high-risk environment for cross-contact everywhere: rides, queues, characters' fur, etc. With so many people every day, you can safely assume every surface contains some sort of allergenic residue. Frequent hand washing is essential; with long pants and long sleeves on that list too if needed.

However, they also have incredible allergy-friendly chefs. <3 And they just released a line of allergy-friendly treats too (not all friendly to the same allergies, but there's something safe for almost everyone.) Let's not lose sight of those things.