You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Beaches - Negril Jamaica
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:27 pm 

Our family took our first all-inclusive vacation and we could not be happier with the care and attention to detail the Beaches resort in Negril Jamaica took with my son's allergy. I had contacted the resort ahead of us arriving and they assured me they had dealt with food allergies and were well equipped to deal with my son's peanut and tree nut allergies. They had also informed the head chef of the resort that we would be coming. Our room number had been "tagged" as having someone with a severe nut allergy, so anytime we went to a restaurant and provided our room number, all staff already knew. Once we arrived we happily discovered they were able to customize all of his meals if we so desired by ordering what he wanted to eat, as well as time and date we requested it during our stay. If he felt like having pizza for lunch that day, we simply filled in an order sheet at the culinary desk (which took care of all food restrictions at the resort) and they promptly made it available for pick up at the time we wanted! There was a cafe on the resort which served coffees and desserts, but had nut free desserts safely put away in the back of the shop available. The soft serve ice cream machines were also nut free (not the cones but he was still thrilled to be able to help himself to ice cream like everyone else!) The head chef of the resort also prepared special nut free desserts for him each night and had it delivered to whichever restaurant we were eating at for the night so that he was able to finally enjoy a dessert with the family instead of skipping dessert as he is so used to. The resort staff was very knowledgeable about food allergies, used appropriate language like "cross contamination" and were very diligent in their care and concern for my son's safety. What is usually a stressful situation (food on vacations!) became such a wonderful week at the Beaches resort.