You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Icelandair
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:23 pm 

Has anyone flown with them with anaphylaxis?

They aren't on the Allergic Living airlines chart.

From what I can tell from their website, they don't advertise peanuts or nuts as a free snack and only have a few paid snacks that contain tree nuts. Not sure of anything beyond that, and our travel agent is looking into it, but I was wondering if anyone here has flown with them or had any experience with them.

Post subject: Re: Icelandair
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:30 am 

Hmmm, I'm curious too, because going to Iceland has been on DH's bucket list. Our allergist flew with them as the cheapest fare to London a couple of summers ago, but alas, his kids don't actually have allergies. Let us know what you find out. I wonder if there's a European allergy board that might have people with more experience with this airline?

Post subject: Re: Icelandair
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:24 pm 

As mentioned in another thread, we had great flights with Icelandair. They were very allergy aware: printing allergies on my boarding pass, making an onboard announcement, and removing allergens from their snack carts (items for sale only - they don't serve any free snacks). One flight the flight attendant asked if I was carrying an auto injector with me. We will definitely fly with them again, and hope to take advantage of their Iceland layover option next time too.

Just a reminder to notify them of the allergy when you book the flight. They will request documentation of the medical condition to provide accommodation. A copy of my MedicAlert wallet card was sufficient.

Safe travels!